Monday, February 11, 2013

Healthy Food.. What I've been eating

 Late night snack.. applesauce, vanilla yogurt, organic fiber cereal, blueberies and strawberries

Lunch: Tilapia, spinach and kale salad with green grapes, trader joe's goranzola and pear salad dressing, onion, blue cheese, and a side of spinach kale dip and tabbouli


 Late Night Dessert with the hubby on a movie date: Yogurland always topped with fruit.  Although this night particularly my citrus fruity cravings wanted me to get fruity pebbles, so I put a dash of those on the side.



Breakfast: Banana, blueberry flaxseed, peanutbutter, whole grain fiber bread from trader Joe's


Late afternoon snack:  Peanutbutter powder, flaxseed, honey, banana, and almond milk smoothie

Dinner: Chicken Tacos.. Chicken with chili, garlic, and lime, with fresh tomatos, onion, and shredded cabbage. I usually would add on cilantro but we didn't have any. I seasoned it with lemon juice and Trader Joe's green chili salsa. I put a tiny bit of cheese, and a flower tortilla (i have yet to find wheat ones that I actually like..they end up going to waste in the fridge).  If you have any suggestions let me know. We had these with a side of black beans with sweet potato chips. YUM!



Dinner: I made these with what I had in the fridge and freezer.  Chicken sausage (i think it was feta and herb flavored -trader joes), sauteed onions, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic, layered atop steamed broccoli and cauliflower, atop brown rice noodles (trader joe's), stacked on sauteed spinach with crushed red pepper, olive oil & fresh parmesan (SO SO DELICIOUS AND FLAVORFUL)


Breakfast: I make these often on the weekends (my hubby loves pancakes and french toast so I find ways to make it healthier). I made Blueberry banana pancakes usings Organic Pancake mix, applesauce instead of oil, almond milk instead of milk, and 1 egg.  I add in blueberry flaxseed for Omega-3's.  I mix in mashed banana and fresh whole blueberries. I sliced up some strawberries and put some sugar free syrup (you can use fresh jam or honey or agave, whatever you'd like). SO YUMMY!


Breakfast: Quick and easy..if you are going to eat cereal then do it right. I had Cascade Farms Organic whole grain cereal with no artificial flavors, tons of fiber, with banana, blueberry flaxseed, cinnamon, and vanilla almond milk.


Lunch: My hubs loves burgers so I made healthier ones that I will eat as well.  These were ground lean turkey, and I added veggies (red bell pepper, onion, oregano, garlic, chili powder, salt & pepper, 1 egg white, and 1 habanero pepper), for dinner I usually put them on whole wheat buns with avocado, onion, pineapple and a splash of teriyaki sauce...but since it was lunch time, i wanted something less filling so I put mine atop a pineapple onion feta cheese arugula salad.  We had bbq beans as a side (nothin' healthy about those, but they are good and they are good protein).  You can see my hubbys wheat bun below.. I added Trader Joe's yogurt pepperjack cheese on one of his.



Breakfast: Whole grain Fiber bread, 1 egg mixed with 2 eggwhites, tomato, red pepper flakes, cucumber (all we had left for veggies in the fridge), onion, garlic, cauliflower, and cheese with salt and pepper.



Breakfast: My hubby wanted oatmeal so I did my standard, oats with almond milk, honey,  raisons cooked in, cinnamon, blueberry flaxseed, and sliced honey almonds. You can add in banana or blueberries too.  I made myself some eggs with broccoli, onion, cauliflower, red pepper flakes, cheese, salt and pepper, and garlic. I usually like tomatos and spinach but we were all out and I wanted to use the veggies up that we had left in the fridge.


Dinner: Shrimp tacos on whole wheat tortilla with tomato, kale, fat free sour cream, onion, cheese, and cooked in red pepper flakes, lime, garlic, salsa, and olive oil. Sides: Kale salad with cilantro dressing, cranberries, onion and mediterranean feta cheese blend.  Small Side: Tabbouli. We had black beans and chips for a starter.


Let me know if you have any questions or great recipees we should try!

No comments:

Post a Comment